9.17.2009

My New Album

I've decided I'm finally going to tackle a project that I've been wanting to do for years and years -- I'm going to record a full-length album of hymnsongs, both old-fashioned and modern and maybe even a few originals (and by modern, I mean songs recorded by secular acts during the Jesus Movement).

I don't have a full track-listing yet because I'm still picking out songs; but I figure there will be eleven songs and I've already gotten a few picked out that I'd like to do:

1) Jesus
2) Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
3) Nearer Blessed Lord - Nina Simone
4) Precious Lord - Mahalia Jackson
5) It Is Well with My Soul
6) Holding On - Drew Moody
7) Be Thou My Vision/All Creatures of Our God and King
8) Jesus - The Velvet Underground
9) Prince of Peace - Drew Moody
10) Jesus Paid It All
11) Jesus (reprise)
12) How Can You Refuse Him Now? - Hank Williams

Other songs I'm considering:

"Lay My Burdens Down"
"I Shall Not Walk Alone" - Ben Harper
"All My Trials"
"I Am a Stranger Here Below"

No comments:

Post a Comment