8.11.2009

Mixtape #6 -- RAWR: Songs of the Purple Dinosaur

I recently told Megan that I am the best mixtape maker in the history of mixtape makers; John Cusack in High Fidelity doesn't have anything on me! With such a bold claim, she clearly had reservations about believing me whole-heartedly, so I told her to challenge me: any subject or mood at all! I'll make a mixtape for it.

Her most extravagant suggestion was "Purple Dinosaur."

So, without further ado, here is the final track listing for my most recent mixtape, RAWR: Songs of the Purple Dinosaur:

1) I Love You - Barney
2) Purple Anteater - Damien Jurado
3) Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello
4) Dinosaur Egg - Scout Niblett
5) Allosaurus Lunch Hour - Prehistoric Stomp
6) The Beast and the Dragon, Adored - Spoon
7) The Whale Song - Modest Mouse
8) Dinosaur Act - Low
9) I Want You to Know - Dinosaur, Jr.
10) Get It On - T. Rex
11) Do the Evolution - Pearl Jam
12) Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
13) Purple Stain - Red Hot Chili Peppers
14) (Nothing But) Flowers - Talking Heads
15) We R the Dinosaur - The Shapeshifters
16) My Beloved Monster - Eels
17) Cold Blooded Old Times - Smog
18) Ice Age - Pete Yorn
19) Purple Rain - Prince

1 comment: