8.21.2009

Mixtape #'s 8 and 9: Take Off Your Pants and Shake It! and Rock Your Socks Off! (and pants, shirt and, possibly, underwear)

That's right, ladies and gentlemen -- tonight you will be the first to see TWO mixtape track listings for the price of ONE!

These are the two toughest mixes I've ever made as there was no topic to work with -- instead I had the fit the mood of "dancing with your pants off." The toughest thing about it was that I didn't necessarily want to have them in any sort of order; rather, I wanted people to be able shuffle through it and be able to enjoy whatever popped up. Hopefully I achieved that.

Take Off Your Pants and Shake It!










1) Ocean of Lust - DeVotchka
2) I Feel It All - Feist
3) Minha Menina - A Band of Bees
4) We're from Barcelona - I'm from Barcelona
5) Shape of My Heart - Noah and the Whale
6) Is This the Last Time? - Donovan (w/ Variety Lab)
7) For the Price of a Cup of Tea - Belle and Sebastian
8) Toe Jam - David Byrne
9) A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
10) Meet Me In the Garden - Dent May and His Magnificent Ukulele
11) Fair - Ben Folds Five
12) The Further I Slide - Badly Drawn Boy
13) Les Yper-Sound - Stereolab
14) Mr. Tough - Yo La Tengo
15) Selfish Jean - Travis
16) I Love You, You Imbecile - Pelle Carlberg
17) For Our Elegant Castle - Of Montreal
18) Sushi - Kyle Andrews
19) Scar That Never Heals - Jeremy Fisher
20) Closer - Jars of Clay
21) Another Day - Jamie Lidell
22) Turn On Me

Rock Your Socks Off! (and pants, shirt and, possibly, underwear)










1) I Like to Rock the Party - Flight of the Conchords
2) North American Scum - LCD Soundsystem
3) Dancing Choose - TV On the Radio
4) Napoleon Says - Phoenix
5) Valerie - The Zutons
6) Ever Present Past - Paul McCartney
7) Does This Mean You're Moving On? - The Airborne Toxic Event
8) The Good Ole Days - The Lodger
9) What Katie Did - The Libertines
10) Mother, We Can't Get Enough - New Radicals
11) I'm Not Crying, You're Not Crying, Are You? - Dear and the Headlights
12) Soma - The Strokes
13) The Angels' Share - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
14) Alive with the Glory of Love - Say Anything
15) When Did Your Heart Go Missing? - Rooney
16) Talk About It - The Metros
17) Good Day - Jukebox the Ghost
18) Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
19) Do You Want To - Franz Ferdinand
20) Alright - Supergrass
21) One Horse Town - The Thrills
22) Lover - Devendra Banhart

3 comments:

  1. Drew! The last few months of this blog are amazing to read. I can't believe the things you've been through-- but the writing is remarkable.

    All the same, escape now! Escape America! Do this!

    www.peacecorps.gov

    It is my greatest regret that I never volunteered-- get away from all this, spend two years living in a hut in a tropical climate, teaching English, keeping a journal. What's more, after your two years of service, you're given about 7,000 dollars -- with which you can either start a new life for yourself in the states (with the most impressive CV you can have) or you disappear to India for another year.

    Sure, I'm sure that you're up to your neck with advice from people-- but this is something that you're already fully qualified for, and it's a real adventure that the government actually pays you to have.

    All the best,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not that bad. I just sometimes make really stupid decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a paper for a philosophy class on The Problem of Evil, and my conclusion was that WE'RE the problem, basically. I mean, it's our sinful decisions and desires that create chaos and pain in the world, and then we wonder "why would God do this?" God's not the problem. We are. At least, that's what I think.

    ReplyDelete